- This event has passed.
Guidance on Child Protection Legislation with Louise Monaghan at the Nenagh Arts Centre
January 30 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm€20 - €100
In association with Tipperary Arts Office.
All artists and organisations who work with children, teenagers, or vulnerable adults are required to understand fully the implications of the Child First Act and the other relevant legislation governing this type of work. The responsibilities of Mandated Persons; the role and responsibilities of Designated Liaison Persons; Recruitment and Garda Vetting; Procedures for reporting – internally and externally; Record keeping are just some of the areas that must be considered when undertaking work that may have this target group as either participants or audience.
Tipperary Arts Office have commissioned us to deliver two sessions on these and other related topics towards the end of January.
If you currently undertake work in this area or are considering to do so in the future, then this is an essential part of understanding fully the considerations and legislation governing the area.
The course will cover:
· An overview of Children First Act 2015
· An overview of related legislation
· An outline of compliance requirements including:
· Child Safeguarding Statement and risk assessment
· Child Protection Policy
· The responsibilities of Mandated Persons
· The role and responsibilities of Designated Liaison Persons
· Recruitment and Garda Vetting
· Procedures for reporting – internally and externally
· Record keeping
· Code of Behaviour
· Communication with parents/guardians
· Complaints procedures
· Dealing with accidents and incidents